Tinubu appoints tax collection boss, Zacch Adedeji, as 2027 campaign fundraiser
*Says, “We have taken Nigerian economy out of dark tunnel”
By OUR REPORTER
“We have delivered on our campaign promises and set our country on a path of economic progress. We are definitely out of the dark tunnel and are now at the cusp of reaping the benefits of a prosperous economy that will benefit all Nigerians,” Tinubu was quoted as saying.
President Bola Ahmed Tinubu has appointed the Chairman of the Nigeria Revenue Service (NRS), Zacch Adedeji, as Deputy Director of Fundraising for his 2027 presidential campaign.
The appointment was announced on Saturday, August 22, 2026, by the President’s Special Adviser on Information and Strategy, Bayo Onanuga, alongside the composition of the 2027 Presidential Campaign Council.
According to the list attached to the statement, Adedeji will serve as “Deputy Director, Fundraising” in the campaign structure for Tinubu’s re-election bid.
The appointment comes amid recent public attention over allegations of financial misappropriation involving some officials and political figures associated with the administration, with Zacch Adedeji prominently mentioned in the reports. Adedeji and his home base supporters, however, denied the allegations against him.
With the new role, Adedeji, who heads Nigeria’s tax and revenue collection agency, will work alongside other members of the campaign council in mobilising financial support for Tinubu’s re-election campaign.
Tinubu, according to the statement, charged members of the campaign council to work towards securing a decisive victory for the ruling party in the 2027 presidential election.
The President said his administration had fulfilled its campaign promises and placed the country on a path of economic progress.
“We have delivered on our campaign promises and set our country on a path of economic progress. We are definitely out of the dark tunnel and are now at the cusp of reaping the benefits of a prosperous economy that will benefit all Nigerians,” Tinubu was quoted as saying.
He added that the campaign would highlight the administration’s achievements and counter opposition efforts to return the country to what he described as its previous challenges.
Earlier on Saturday, reports also emerged that former Chairman of the Nigeria Social Insurance Trust Fund (NSITF), Ngozi Olejeme, and former Minister of Humanitarian Affairs, Betta Edu, had been included in Tinubu’s campaign council.
Olejeme has faced trial over alleged financial fraud involving about N1 billion, while Edu was previously investigated over an alleged N585 million payment into a private account. The latter controversy contributed to her removal from office in 2024.
The appointments have drawn attention because of the backgrounds of some of the individuals named in the campaign structure, particularly those who have faced allegations or investigations over financial matters.









