ZAMFARA: Jangebe kidnapped schoolgirls not yet released

Bello-Matawalle.jpg

Hon. Mohammed Bello Mutawalle, Governor of Zamfara State.

Share with love

By IBRAHIM KANOMA, Gusau

The Zamfara State Governor, Hon Mohammed Bello Mutawalle, says it is not true that the over 300 female students kidnapped by bandits in Government Secondary School, Jangebe, Talata Madara Local Government Area of the state have been released, as reported in some online media (excluding The DEFENDER)

This online newspaper had reported earlier on Sunday the confusing information that trailed the release of the girls as, according to it, the governor denied knowledge of the claim.  It, however, promised to update its readers as things unfold.

Advert Space

In furtherance to that, the Press Secretary, Office of the Zamfara State Executive Governor, Jamilu Iliyasu Magaji, issued a statement that detailed the refutation of report of the girls’release.

“Some online media outlets have claimed the release of the female students of Govt. Girls Science Secondary School, Jangebe from unsubstantiated sources and the flimsy imagination of the Punch newspaper Zamfara state reporter who initiated the rumour.

“Gov. Bello Mohammed MON Matawallen Maradun and his aides have since Friday when the girls were abducted by gunmen not rested but been working round the clock making frantic efforts that will lead to the safe release of the victims and are not happy that someone who does not know the details of the situation will try to further hurt the victims’ parents, government and the security by ridiculing the effort with falsehood.

“The state government will come immediately and happily inform the world as soon as the girls are released,” Magaji said.


Share with love
Top