In a twist of event, information by a presidential aide to the effect that President Muhammadu Buhari was going to dissolve his cabinet after valedictory Federal Executive Council (FEC) meeting on Wednesday, has been upturned.
This was as Minister of Information and Culture, Alhaji Lai Mohammed, said after the meeting that the infornation untrue, as he said President Muhammadu Buhari had directed all his ministers to remain in office until May 29.
There had been reports that the president had dissolved his cabinet at the valedictory Federal Executive Council (FEC) meeting of his administration.
However, speaking with reporters after FEC meeting, Alhaji Mohammed said all ministers had been directed by President Buhari to return to their office and continue with their duties.
The minister said, “the news that the Federal Executive Council has been dissolved is not correct. We have been directed by the President that we should all go back and return to our offices. So, it is not true that the Federal Executive Council has been dissolved, it is still very much alive.
“The fake news that is circulating that the Federal Executive Council has been dissolved, it is not true. It has not been dissolved, we have all been directed to go back to our offices and I’m sure that we’re going to work up till 29th of May. So please ignore the fake news.”